Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 24, 2003, 6:49 PM   #1
Default Olympus C-4000 or C-750?

This is my first digital camera and I'm very confused. I borrowed a friend's C-3000 and read the reviews on it and thought it would be a good camera for me and I'd just wait for a good price on one. Then I was reading more about the C-4000 and thought I'd wait for that one. They actually have one on clearance at Target for $278, but now I'm confused. I went to a camera shop to look at them and they didn't have the C-4000 but showed me the C-750. I must admit, I really like the looks and size of the C-750 a lot more. He told me it had the extra flash, the XD Memory and a better lens. However, in PC magazine, it gives the C-4000 a #2 Best Buy and a couple of Outstandings and the following month the C-750 a #1 best buy with a couple of very good ratings. I like the looks of the 750 better and am wondering if I should wait, but I'm really not sure which camera is going to give me better quality pictures. Can anyone familiar with these two camera out there help me out?

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!
Latteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:17 AM   #2

If I was you, I'd go for the 750UZ, although, the unstabilized lens is what makes me think twice about it. A lot of USER reviews have recommended the 750 highly to those who are thinking about it.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 1:16 AM   #3

I am absolutely in love with my c750uz, there really isn't alot I can ask for that this camera doesn't have or offer.

As for the 10x zoom and taking it by hand, I recent took some great 10x zoomed in pictures from my running car on the side of the highway of some wildlife when I was out in the mountains while not even leaning against anything and they all turned out great. You just need to hold still with 2 hands on the camera and you will be fine!
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 8:21 AM   #4

The C750 would be my choice of the c4000. The extra zoom is the reason my wife purchased the c740 for me. You do not always need to use the full zoom but it is available when you want it. Look at Steve's review and there are some internet links for the C750 for under $500.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote