Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 6, 2003, 2:35 PM   #1
Default Unable to access saved pics.on CD at photo shop

Maybe I need a lesson in what CD's to use.
I saved photos taken from my digital camcorder (photos on hard drive of camcorder) to a CD. I used a CD-R.
Took it to local Wal Mart to have them print out my pics and the machine says "no images" on CD. Came home checked the images right here and they are there. So I must be doing something wrong.......again. This is first time I have taken a CD to t he photo store.
CAn you tell me if I need to use a different CD? or is it impossible to have photos printed from CD at the photo store.
thanks for your help.....
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2003, 7:57 PM   #2

Could be the cd reader at Walmart is beyond 'fresh datum'. You were able to read the cd in a different drive than the burner itself? Try another computer to see if images are present on cd and if so that will give you spiritual back up when you tell Walmart their cd reader sucks (in gentle words).
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:08 AM   #3
Default Or

Since you took in images that were taken by a digital video camera, it my be the image file type could not be read by their reader. Make sure your images are saved (at the size you want to print) as a standard file format like jpeg.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:52 AM   #4

Could it be that because the images has no Exif info (assuming they don't) that the machine doesn't see them as images?
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote