Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 28, 2002, 5:00 PM   #1
Default Buying First Digican

I am looking forward to buying my first digicam but am totally confused as I have read so many reviews.

I respected Steve's recommendation for the Fuji 2600 but note that it doesn't have TV out which is quite important to me as I would like to be able to show friends my photos without taking them up to my office upstairs.

The camera which I was just about to buy was the NIKON 775 but then I read some negative comments on it.

I was then advised by a local retailer that the Pentax Optio 330 is a beauty (just 30 - 50 dollars dearer than the Nikon for an extra 1 mega pixel).

Can anyone advise me what is a good camera. I won't be buying another camera for years so I want to make sure I buy wisely.

Many thanks

Rosemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 12:53 AM   #2

Most cameras are good in a few areas or maybe several or maybe none. You have to go on your budget and what you plan on shooting. I think optics is very important and suggest looking into Nikon and Canon products.

My new camera is a Coolpix 4500 that was released a few months ago and I am having a blast with it and it also has video out.
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote