Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:27 AM   #1

(Sorry about my poor English)
I just bought the mentioned d-cam few days ago, I am from Hong Kong, before time I was used the Panasonic DMC-FX100 about year ago. And now have this new Ricoh, since I found this one with Manual function. I started to practicing the new d-cam, and I use the SD card (just ordinary 2.G SD card) which used to shoot with Panasonic before time.

I took a few shots, close-up, marco, infinity landscape, snap shots.. and then one of the moment I noticed that when left-hand top corner the green light blinking which I understand it writing on the card, and when it went out that I can shoot the next one, but sudden not after blinking longer time and then shown "ERROR, 00-00-00, 26-03-08" and then indicated "Unmatched File" and blank display. Simultaneously, when playback also happen the same thing when I just pressed the previous/forward. And read the menu that which is no referring page to guide me how to fix it from the cam.

I already let the SD card formated by the cam, but I want to know what have I missed or what should I first to do when I hand with this d-cam? Or should I really have to my SDHC to prevent these cases (or later troubleshooting)?

Hope you understand my words. Sorry for poor grammer.

Thanks for reading this, and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Alice HKG (I just want to shoot something nice and decent)
Aliceblacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:24 PM   #2

For all practical purposes, the only difference between an SD Card and an SDHC Card is the capacity. I don't think that has anything to do with your problem.

Try formatting the SD Card in a computer first, and then format itin your camera. See if that makes any difference.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote