Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 21, 2003, 2:41 AM   #1
Default Lens in the way?

My dad recently acquired a Olympus C-150 digital camera. Just a while ago he ran into some problems. When the lens barrier is slid towards the side (hence turning the camera on), the lens itself slides into position... When he tries to turn off the camera (by sliding back the lens barrier), the lens is still in the same position getting in the way of the lens barrier. So far we couldn't find any sort of remedy for this, so I scoured the net and ended here. I hope you could help us out of this frustrating ordeal. Thank you for your time.
ksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2003, 7:06 AM   #2

Check your battery... most of the clamshell covers on Olympus depend on the battery to retract the lens once you start to close the lens cover. On my old Olympus Stylus, you had to almost touch the lens before it would retract, which is normal.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 7:30 AM   #3

If that doesn't solve the problem, try the standard Hi-Teck shoulder shrug repair attempt - reboot. Take the batteries out of the camera long enough for it to loose track of the date and time. That will clear any settings that you have added, and any that got in via gremlins. Won't solve a lot of problems, but should be done before breaking out a screwdriver or sending it off for repair.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:28 AM   #4

my first olympus digital had the sliding lens cover and as LG expressed you must almost touch the lens for the lens to retract. I usually pushed the cover until it touched the lens and then it would retract. I would put in fresh batteries.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote