Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 21, 2003, 2:48 PM   #1

Default help with flash reflection....

I am a novice digi cam user. I have a casio QV-R40 which I bought about a month ago, maybe less. Is there anyway way I can stop the flash reflecting on things I take pictures of? Its especially bad on close ups or of things like photo frames / windows etc (just ones that happen to be in the frame).
ralphuk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:15 PM   #2

It's a common problem in compact cams with small built in flashes mounted close to the lens. The proper way is to use an external flash with a swivel head and bounce light off a white ceiling, or with the flash on a cable, separate it from the camera and change it's angle to the subject. This only works if your camera has an external flash connection facility.

You could try diffusing the flash window with cut-out from a Pringle lid, but this might lose both light and sparkle from the pics, or if you can modify the flash output in the menu by say 1/3 stop, reduce it slightly. Glass is always a problem, avoid shooting straight at windows. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:38 PM   #3

thanks a lot VOX, my camera does not have a flash connection, its ok though, its only purpose is for me to get into digital photography and then keep as a snapshot camera after a year when I upgrade.
ralphuk100 is offline   Reply With Quote