Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:09 AM   #1

I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with Photo Workshop.com but I think it is a great site. Check it out & see what you think.
Quote: "PHOTOWORKSHOP.COM is an interactive community, open free to the public. We bring together various Learning Centers made possible by the greatest names in photography and digital imaging. We are committed to providing an education in photography, where the quest for knowledge is fueled by inspiration."
You can pay to become a member for $39 a year which allows you to participate in weekly assignments & upload them to receive comments on them. You can also upload the chapter assignments from any of the Photo Workshop series books to receive comments on them as well. There is a higher level of membership for $89/year if you want to create portfolios etc.
I like that fact that there is a weekly assignment so it gives me something to practice shooting rather than me having to come up with ideas on my own of what to photograph. The assignments provide a variety of different types of shots so you gain experience shooting all types of different subjects in different conditions etc.
jvanwees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:00 AM   #2

Site looks quite interesting , thanks for the suggestion !
SJS314 is offline   Reply With Quote