Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 12, 2003, 1:24 PM   #21

thanks to everyone who took the time to answer this post. I ended up buying the Dimage a1 mostly because of the Anti-shake I have not gotten it yet as it was shipped Yesterday will let you know if I really made a good choice when I get the camera
tyrepeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:28 PM   #22

I applaud your choice!

Actually, if I had the spare bucks, I would buy one for myself.

I love my little Konica KD-510z (a.k.a., Minolta DiMAGE G500), but there will be times, that a camera with the nice 28-200mm Equivalent Zoom would come in very handy. It's too bad they can't figure out a way to give someone this much focal range and image quality in a pocketable camera, huh?!

Also, the A1 is the most full featured prosumer model you can buy.

Phil Askey just gave it a Perfect 10 out of 10 rating in the Features department area in his "just posted" review of the camera. The only Major "niggle" I've seen with this model is some noise at longer exposures (to be expected with the AntiShake CCD Design, which doesn't use the CCD heat sink used in previous models).

At shorter exposures, it's great. Anyway, some of the new noise reduction tools (if you need long exposures) makes it easy to touch them up when desired, if you're into long exposure shots -- I'm not so it wouldn't make any difference to me):

Here's Phil's new review:

Also check out the photo gallery in the review. It's images are absolutely fantastic in my opinion!
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote