Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 15, 2003, 9:07 AM   #1
Default Ricoh rdc2e...internal card dead...where get new one???

Hello all;

Not a camera person but was using Ricoh rdc2e quite successfully for website pics when the memory card just died. At least, I think it's called a memory card...Ricoh tech support walked me thru re-formatting the card and camera still doesn't work.

Both Ricoh tech supt and Ricoh's authorized repair center said Ricoh no longer makes mem card for rdc models.

What if any aftermarket cards I can buy? Prices, pros, and cons of each appreciated.

waynea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2003, 9:42 AM   #2

The RDC-2E can be used with as ATA Type I/II and AIMS Type I flash memory cards.

You can still find them, although from a price perspective, I think you'd be better off just buying a new camera.

I am not certain of the voltage requirements, so you may want to go with a dual voltage card, if you decide to keep your Ricoh.

Here is a vendor that stocks some:

I haven't tried the price search engines yet (I only did a quick "google search" to find a vendor), so you may be able to find a card for less.

If you decide on a new camera instead, you can find some 2MP models for around $100.00 now

A popular choice is the Nikon Coolpix 2500. Ritz Camera and Video now has them for $119.99 in refurbished condition (including the camera, rechargeable lithium ion battery, 16mb CompactFlash Card, and battery charger). It can also shoot at lower resolutions, if you don't need a 2 Megaixel Image size.

See this recent thread on someone looking for an inexpensive camera with good macro ability for links to pricing, etc., along with results of a PC Magazine "shoot out" last year, comparing cameras under $300.00 (this camera was the "Editors Choice").

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2003, 9:52 AM   #3

P.S. -- See this page for review links for your camera, as well as information on firmware upgrades, etc.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote