Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:10 AM   #1
Default Help me choose between Canons

I'm not really sure which to decide:

Canon A70 or SD100, both are the same MP and price.

I like some of the features of the A70, but then again I like how compact the SD100 is.
phantomAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:48 AM   #2

The A70 will give you more manual control, the SD100 is smaller.

The A70 uses regular AA's, the SD100 has a customized battery pack. So if you plan on buying spare batteries (which I highly recommend if you do not want to miss valuable shots because your batteries just gave up on you) the A70 will be cheaper.

Also the A70 uses compact flash while the SD100 uses SD card. Again the SD cards are more expensive than compact flash so if you want to use bigger cards than supplied with the camera (which I highly recommend because the factory supplied card is always way too small) then the A70 is cheaper.

In conclusion, from your mail you seem aware of the different feature sets and size differences. In operational use the A70 will be cheaper than the SD100 because of batteries and used memory cards.

Hope this helps
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2003, 5:26 PM   #3

Yeah I'm pretty much aware of the differences, but I still can't make a decision. I guess I only like the SD100 because it can easily fit in my pocket. My family has an old S100 camera. I'd figure the battery wouldn't cost much if I got it from ebay. I might just flip a coin.
phantomAI is offline   Reply With Quote