Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:30 PM   #1
Default Newbie looking for photo club...

Newbie here looking to see if anyone has any info on photo clubs/classes in the Melbourne Florida area...

I enjoy taking pictures, and have overall been happy with my camera, but I have also been looking at getting a newer/different one...

Currently I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30. The quality of the pictures is excellent, and someone told me that the lens is superior to most (Leica)...

I tried a friends Nikon D90 and wasn't too impressed, but then again, I don't really know much about camera's and all of their many functions (such as noise, ISO, Aperture, etc.)

My sister is going to buy a Nikon D5000 and it looks impressive, but once again, I think most of the functions would be lost on someone with my limited knowledge...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

100percentcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:38 PM   #2

Welcome to the board.

What do you like to shoot. The d90 is a way better camera then the d5000. More option and more lens choices. But with dslr, the out of camera results and not touch up as much in default setting as with point and shoots. As allot of dslr users do allot of photo editing to get a desire effect.

The panasonic FZ's are a nice camera, and yes the leica lens is very good on them.

sorry I do not live in fla, so I do not know of any clubs down there. But you can try flickr. They are more listing for photo clubs there.

You may want to check out the panasonic/leica forum here. Lots of FZ owners.

Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.

Last edited by shoturtle; Apr 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:47 AM   #3

Google is your friend. I'm not familiar with Florida but both links have further links and listings for Florida camera/photo clubs.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote