Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 31, 2003, 2:18 PM   #1
Default Nikon4300 V Canon S50 V Olympus c750

After much reading and research these are three cameras that I seem to feel would work for me. Here is what I want:
- good indoor capability as I will take many pics of kids and family
indoors at home, school church etc
- will use outdoors as well

- good point and shoot with the ability to be creative when I want to (currently own Nikon FG and will continue to use this, so this should be a little more compact)

- ability to crop and blow up to 8x10 (again family pics, don't use the photo studios much.

- like the idea of the extra zoom but would rather have other features such as picture quality if I have to give up something(aslo looked at the Kodak 6490 for zoom ability)

- price wise would prefer to stay around or under 500.00

So any opinions on how these compare.......I have been to the store to hold each of them and again they seem about equal in that department to me. Thanks
Lanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2004, 7:02 AM   #2

Indoor photos of family? You may appreciate if a camera allows for Flash Exposure Compensation meaning you can set the flash to be softer or stronger. Indoors with a person just a few meters away a soft flash gives much more natural result. Canon S50 provides for such. The other models I have not looked into that detail.

Nikon CP 4300 is also a good camera, but has different strong points than what you need.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote