Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:03 PM   #1
Default On-line site for camera purchase reputable or not?

Looking at picking up a Pentax K-r to try-out because I can't find one in any retail store near me. Theres a site called buy.com thats has the K-r with kit 18-55 lens for $619 and offers 45 day return policy. Anyone had any expierence with this site??

I already picked up the Canon t2i locally with a 30 day return policy, so I can try it too. Trying to decide between the 2 cameras. Not alot of expierence with dslrs (owned one briefly yrs ago) so want to start at entry level and have done some forum reading and these 2 stood out.

Anybody know of a US east coast store that readily carries the Pentax line...that would be helpful too verses buying and potentially mailing back if I chose the t2i.
jopojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:10 PM   #2

I've never heard anything terrible about them, and we've had them in our buy boxes within reviews for many years.

It's always a good idea to check out online retailers at sites like Resellerratings.com.

Here's a link directly to buy.com's reviews: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Buy

They have 4 out of 5 stars, with a high number of reviews in the last 6-months.

Good luck! Both models are great.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:01 PM   #3

I did a search online on inbox Digital Camera Stores on the East Coast and this is one of the Links which gave a whole bunch more links...just use the search engines online.

This is but one of many answers which came up....
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:04 PM   #4

I prefer to handle before I buy...even so far as to bring my own memory and try them out in the stores...see how they differ once I get home and check them out on the computer. I mean spend a couple hours with the store models and take a bunch of pics, close up, macro, distance, etc. Heck, I am INVESTING a lot of my money into it, even 150, and want to make sure it is good for me.

And, yes, I have several kinds of memory sticks to try them out on! It is cheaper and easier than to hassle with returns.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:11 PM   #5

I've purchased quite a few things through them. Always exactly what is advertised and fast delivery.
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
Pentax K-3 ~ Panasonic FZ1000 ~ Panasonic ZS40
My Gallery

Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote