Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Default Using Flip Video Camera at Concert Tomorrow

I just purchased a Flip Video UltraHD 8 GB (2 hours) camera for a concert I want to record tomorrow. While this appears to be a great camera for something simple, yet having HD quality.

I am coming across a few snags though, so hopefully I can receive some suggestions and tips before tomorrows concert.

1) My main issue is I want to record more than 2 hours worth, but I just learned that external memory cards do not work with this camera. The only idea I can think of is buying a small portable computer to quick dump the recorded footage between bands. This is inconvenient but it may work.

2) It appears if I want to buy a microphone for this concert, I will need to use 3rd party accessories as Flip Video has not released their microphones for this model yet. I hope someone can provide me with some good tips so I can record nice sound quality. Or perhaps this camera has a decent microphone built in already.

3) Does anyone here have experience recording rock concerts from the main floor? I prefer standing on the main floor as close to the bands as I can get but it gets old quick holding a camera the entire time. I am tempted to buy one of the two tripods available and set the camera somewhere but I understand there is a risk of someone stealing it.

4) Note to self to bring back up batteries.

5) I also plan to practice recording with this camera today so I am more prepared for the concert.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and encouraged. I have a lot to learn before tomorrow. Thank you!
joenorwood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links