Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 9, 2004, 7:28 PM   #1
Default HELP: Can't Decide

Hi there everyone. I am new to the board and also to Digital Photography. I am interested in a good (or very good) camera with a price bracket of between $100 (ha!) and $400 (maybe I can comb the Internet for deals to bring it down, down, DOWN).
I have been looking at several models that grab my interest and reading review upon review from this site and others. I was pretty much oblivious to the specs of Digital Cameras but I have learnt quite a bit and can safely say what I want my Digital Camera to have. I have narrowed down my choices to four Digital Cameras. I am not sure if I have overlooked any other...but these four follow the basic trend of my interest. They are the Minolta Dimage Xt (my first favourite), Casio* EX-Z3, Pentax Optio S & S4). Can some experienced persons with know how guide me as to which of these cameras are best feature wise and price wise and why? I need your help desperately in making my final decision.

As a guide...below are some thing I want my Digital Camera to have:

+ 3.2 Megapixel, 4 the most (I am not high on funds)
+ Video mode WITH sound (a 640x*** resolution is nice, but not totally necessary) (Would be nice if there wasn't a limit like 30 secs on the Pentax and maybe the Casio? not too sure)
+Sound recorder (standalone and for pictures)
+Optial Zoom (I am aware the Minolta does not have this, but it's Digital zoom makes up, so I can accept)
+Good LCD (love the Casio's 2.0" screen)
+Compact to Ultracompact design
+Sturdy finish (love them all, but love the Minolta's Marine add on)
+Crisp picture quality
+Nice added features (Casio's HTML browser is nice and the Pentax's World Time and Panoramic Editor)
+Fast response time (startup and during operation)
+TV OUT (The Fujifilm F410 lacks this...so I dropped it) (Does the Casio have this?)
+Great battery life

Anything else?

Please guys...I need your help!
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links