Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 25, 2004, 6:29 AM   #11

As BillDrew points out a lot of members are on slower diallup.

There's a difference posting individual file links where the user can make a choice, compared to 'embedded' linking in forum posts. I find over on the other Forum that posters don't always strip the original large photo link in their follow up replies.

Personally find an image which suddenly fills my screen during forum reading quite distracting, unless there's a deliberate reason for it. However there are times when trying to help, where a low resolution test image without EXIF data is just not good enough, so the option to select and download the full size image file is useful.

Incidentally, most software with 'save for web' options strips the EXIF shooting data. This has a good point in that the file sizes reduces a bit, but can make any request for problem help more difficult. Regards VOX.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:50 PM   #12
Default Thank-you both...

Thanks for the advice on the ratio.
I'm on dial-up too and I like to keep the file sizes down too.

Thanks for the info about EXIF and the link embedding.

Wow, I am learning a lot from all the replies in this post. Some of it is over my head, but then, so are the clouds. :-)

Beep Beep,

P.S. I just saved my first digital pic to my image hosting site and will have it posted sometime today in wildlife. I hope I did everything ok. :-)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote