Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:56 PM   #1
Default Inexpensive options?

I've recently purchased a good digital camera, a Fuji s602. I've also got a Cannon SLR 35mm camera...but I'm thinking about possibly getting one more camera (can anyone say snowball effect???). I'm looking for any suggestions on an inexpensive (for a digital, of course) camera more in line with point and shoot photography that I can keep around me for spur of the moment situations or going out with friends every now and then when I don't want to bring the heavy hardware. I'm looking for something smaller in size, but I definately lean more toward an SLR style camera...they're just more comfortable to me. I'm also kind of biased toward Nikon, Fuji, and Cannon, because those are brands I've used before, but I'm open to any suggestions. The only camera that fits everything I know of is the Fuji S3000, but it's not all that inexpensive, and I don't really anyone's experience with the camera...any ideas? Thanks!
paddyboy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:23 PM   #2

Take a look at the Nikon 2300 or 2500
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:33 AM   #3

Get something small enough to carry in your pocket. SLR types with a grip are nice but you wonít carry it with you as much. You become accustomed to whatever you buy unless you get something really oddball. Hardly any sense buying anything you have to carry in a bag or around your neck when you already have the 602.

Keep in mind that the Fuji 3000 uses xD cards which are pricey and not compatible with whatever you bought for the 602 Ė hopefully you went CF rather than SM. I donít think there are any current cameras using SM.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote