Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 26, 2004, 2:47 PM   #1
Default What camera should i buy?

Can anyone give me there opinion of what camera i should buy. i am looking for a good point and shoot camera that is real easy to use for my wife and i who are by no means any good at taking pictures, however with the right camera i am willing to learn in turn then willing to teach my wife. i have narrowed it down to 2 choices: the canon G5 or the Olympus c750. Each camera has a feature or two the other does not. like the greater zoom on the olympus as opposed to the swivel screen on the g5. what i am looking for is if it was your money which one would you buy and why. thanks to anyone willing to help. marc
TWODOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2004, 5:42 PM   #2

They are both very good cameras.

I too like a swivel screen. You can get lots of great candids if you arenít pointing the camera standing behind it, and you can get shots from near the ground and over your head. The G5 will give better available light shots with a faster lens.

The long lens on the 750 is also appealing and it is compact for the zoom reach.

The cameras are so different in approach that it would be a question of whether you want telephoto capability or low light capability. I think the G5 might be useable in more situations but not by much.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote