Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:43 PM   #1
Default canon t3i help

I recently bought a canon t3i and love it! I'm starting to get more into photography and I want to understand more about the camera. I can read the "how to" online, but it just doesn't register . So I decided to see if any of you would mind helping me understand the settings. When I usually take pictures, I use the green a. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
_rach_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:40 AM   #2

hi and welcome t3i/600d is a good camera but to get the best out of it you need to move to the creative modes of av aperture priority you set the aperture and the camera sets the shutter speed. tv shutter priority you set the shutter speed and the camera sets the aperture. you can then go complete manual where you set both. what you need is to take a basic photography course. you will also need to get used to post processing the images to get the best results. welcome to the world of DSLR's
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:21 AM   #3

I suggest getting actual books you can take with you and practice what the book is saying. The "understanding exposure" book by Bryan Peterson is a pretty decent one.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote