Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:00 PM   #1
Default Can't print 4x6 on HP

Trying to print 4x6 photos from pix downloaded from my Olympus 750. I've got an HP 85G printer (Multifunction) which prints 8x11 perfectly from my HP media center computer. I'm using HP pre-cut 4x6 paper, but when I change the computer settings to print 4x6, the printer does not seem to recognize that it's printing on 4x6 paper. So I get a tiny portion of the photo printed on paper, and the rest seems to go on to the print roller. When I use the same 4x6 settings and print on a standard 8x11 sheet of paper, I get a perfect 4x6 pic in the middle of the 8x10 sheet. So obviously I'm doing something wrong between the computer and printer in terms of telling the printer what kind of paper it has. Any troublehooting or settings advice? Thanks.
SMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:07 PM   #2

Clean the rollers. It sounds like the printer isnít picking up the photo paper properly. I have read it sometimes helps to use fine sandpaper but I havenít had the problem and havenít tried it myself.

Also make sure the paper is flat. Photo paper can curl and give a printer fits.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 6:56 PM   #3

I'm not familiar with the HP 85G but I know on my older 932c I had to download updated drivers after upgrading to XP from 98 from their web-site to get 4x6's to printer properly - had problems with the driver that came with Windows XP.
It wouldn't hurt to check HP's web site to make sure they don't have updated drivers.
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote