Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 2, 2004, 2:14 PM   #1
Default Help with attachments

Hi all , i'm a newbie at digiscoping ( but not birding ) and am looking for some advice please.

A friend has offered my a Swarovski AT80HD body on which I shall mount a Swar 20 x 60 zoom.
I have at this point in time a Canon A40 digital camera plus a 52mm conversion lens adapter and am looking for thoughts on the best method of attaching this to the zoom lens.
My camcorder is a Sony DCR-TRV828E which weighs 1Kg and has a 115mm distance between the tripod screw and the front of the screw focus lens, and a distance from it's base up to the centre of the lens of some 65mm. I cannot find any method that states it can handle my size camera . Your thoughts please.

Barney2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2004, 10:38 AM   #2

In answer to (1).

EagleEye UK do the L4 adapter for the 20-60 Swarovski. However, I expect that you'll need a conversion ring for your A40, as their adapters are only available in 28mm and 37mm threads. They do these as well unless your "52mm conversion lens adapter" will do the job.

I've read that the Canon A40 will do a descent Digiscoping job, but I've never seen any results. With an adaptor and a step ring you are likely to get vignetting.....

I don't have an answer to (2).

checklg is offline   Reply With Quote