Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 20, 2002, 12:44 PM   #1
Default Overwhelmed with choices

Have been wanting a digital camera for about a while now. I know very little of them, my last camera was a Canon AE-1 bought back in 1978. I went online and was overwhelmed with the choices availble. My budget is about $400.00 I want the camera primarily to post pictures of my telescope and airgun stuff on internet and email, will also be used on weekend trips and family functions such as birthdays. Any advise is welcome, but would appreciate narrowing selection down to a concensus on three or four top picks. Don't want to seem lazy, but I really don't have either the background knowlege or time to compare and contrast 200 reviews. Thanks
Boxlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:26 PM   #2

Well, you have the two important points down - budget and typical shooting situation, so you are well on your way.

I would suggest picking 3-4 models from different makers and reading the reviews here on this site and looking at posted results.

I would post suggestions as well, but I wasn't looking at cameras in that price range, but you should be able to find a great camera for that price that will produce great results, but I will leave it up to the people who have hands on experience to suggest actual models to try.

Best of luck.
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2002, 11:50 AM   #3

My web site is about airgun shooting - I use the Oly 3020 - great value cam. What is your web address?
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote