Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:04 PM   #1
Default Looking To Buy A Digital Camera.. Need Help....

I am looking to buy a digital camera, and really like the Kodak DX 4690... First off, would like to know any pro/cons any of you have about this camera.. Also, are there any other cameras out there that compare or are better than this one?

I'm not looking to get into an SLR, but love the 10X optical zoom on the DX4690.... Could prob. drop down to 3 MP, but dont want to lose the zoom.... so if any of you know of any decent digital cameras out there with atleast a 3 MP 10X optical zoom, please let me know... I'm just looking for "every day" shots... I take pictures on vacations and stuff, and have had a few published in coffee table books, but by no means a pro, so I dont need all the add ons a pro needs..... Thanks for everyones help

mmcgee684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:19 PM   #2

What's stopping you from buying the one you already like?
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 5:02 PM   #3

Nothing is really stopping me from buying the Kodak.. Just that it is my first "real" digital camera.. (only other DC I have had were cheap ones given away free with computer purchases) and just wanted to know if it was a wise decision...

Just wanted opinions from people who have had them, I read everything at Kodaks website, and as I said I do like the camera, but don't get me wrong, not one company out there is gonna say if there are any flaws with their product... So was just looking for opinions... I will most likely end up getting the DX 6490 but just wanted to make sure I wasn't selling myself short if there are other comparable cameras out there.. thats all....
mmcgee684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:09 PM   #4

Look under "Best Super-Zoom" for other camers in the same class.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote