Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 7, 2004, 6:19 PM   #1
Default I have my A2!

Well, I got my Minolta Dimage A2 two days ago and am beginning to learn about all it's features. However, I am finding a yellowish cast to my flash pictures and not sure why. Has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?

I also have a Sigma EF 430 flash I bought for my Maxxum last fall and am disappointed to find it not compatible. Anyone know what is compatible? Having trouble finding info online......
hangloose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:40 PM   #2

Our review A2 comes in tomorrow but I am pretty sure it is the same as the A1 as far as external flash is concerned so check out page 2 of our A1 review:

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:09 PM   #3

Looking forward to the review!
sjm817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:39 PM   #4

Congrats on getting the A2, I'm sure that you will grow to love it.

I haven't noted the yellow cast myself (I haven't done that much flash photography with my A1) but the A1, thus perhaps the A2, is pretty finicky about its white balance setting. The best flash shots that I have taken have been with a manual WB setting of daylight (sunburst symbol) rather than letting the camera select the WB automatically.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 5:50 AM   #5
Default Going back today

I've had my A2 for a week now and do not like it at all. The photos are too soft, the colors are washed out. Photographing my dog inside with the flash, I have a yellow cast to everything. I bought my camera to capture rich colors with high resolution, something this camera did not deliver. I don't want to spend so much time in photoshop trying to correct the images. For the price tag, I expect near perfect images, with maybe slight alterations for a few.

I've ordered the Nikon Coolpix 8700 based on the superb picture quality I see on the site below. Check it out. There's no comparison between the Nikon and Minolta.

Would love to hear what you all think when you compare, or if you have the camera too.
hangloose1 is offline   Reply With Quote