Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 9, 2004, 2:36 PM   #1

Hi i was wondering if anyone out there could help me, i am looking to buy my first digital camera to take with me on holiday (to india). i have narrowed my choices down to the KODAK CX6200 and the FUJIFILM A205, they are priced within £20 of each other. I have read steve's review. HELP!!!! ( i leave in a week) :?:

i have read the first replies and i understand what he is saying but have not got a camera and i leave in a week. i ahve read some reviews and pepole have said they are great as first cameras, the only other thing i could do is get an analogue camera for example the olympus Superzoom 70G
Indi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 3:04 PM   #2

Although I shall go with none, if I had to make a choice, I choose Fuji as it has a optical zoom on it. But if you want my true thoughts, if i were you, i shall wait for a while, save more money up and buy a better one than these.
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 3:54 PM   #3

I agree with iason that you want an optical zoom. Digital zoom is basically useless – it just crops the image. With 2X digital zoom on a 2Mp camera you end up with a ½ Mp image.

If you have a decent film camera you would probably do best to just stick with that. To get a decent number of photos from the Fuji you have to buy a memory card and xD is pricey. You can fit only 25 best quality photos on the card that comes with the camera. Even if you go down to 1Mp images you can store only 33, and 1Mp images aren’t adequate IMO. Even 2Mp limits you from making any big blowups to put on the wall if you get a great shot.

If you are going to take a decent number of pictures you also need a charger and NiMH batteries. Alkalines won’t take many pictures and the one-use lithium batteries are expensive.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote