Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:32 PM   #1
Default FZ10 for my first digi cam??

I'm currently waffling between the Kodak 6490 and the Pana FZ10. Is the FZ10 just simply too much camera for a digital beginner and a photo "just for fun shooter"? How difficult is it to learn and use? How large and heavy is it? It is virtually impossible to actually get my hands on one to see how it feels. I haven't seen it in any of the camera/electronics stores in my area. For comparison sake, I have handled the Fuji F5000 and F7000. The F7000 was WAYYYY to big and heavy for me to tote around and comfortably use. Even the F5000 was really more weight and size than I wanted. I realize the the PanaFZ10 is shaped nothing like either of those but... can anyone suggest something I might handle that would compare better? I like the feel of the Kodak 6490. It is compact and easy to use.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:58 AM   #2
Default FZ10 first digital camera?

As you hesitate between 2 ultra-zoom camera's I suppose you need the telereach!
The big difference between the 2 is Image Stabilisation.
Another point you mention is the camera-size.
Than you might also consider the Panasonic FZ1/FZ2 or the recently announced Canon Powershot S1.
arnoud venema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:04 AM   #3

I have had the FZ1 since it was released here in the US (you don't mention where you are located). If I didn't own a DigiCam and was going to buy one today, I would go for the FZ10. I love my FZ1. IMHO I don't think you can go wrong with the FZ10.

You might want to ask your question in the Panasonic forum (right here at Steve's) for more opinions.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote