Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:44 AM   #1
Default Canon A75 - camera not found problem...

Hi there, I'm new to the board and already have a problem with my 2 day old Canon Powershot A75 that I hope someone can help me with.

I took some practice shots with this unit, all looking very nice by the way. However, after following the instructions for picture transfer verbatim, I still haven't managed to download my images.

My camera is installed - as I checked under Device Manager - its listed as an Imaging Device, and all seems ok there.

The problem is noticed when I try to download via Zoombrowser EX 4.6 - it comes back with an error message - 'Camera Not Found'. The instruction manual showed a pop-up box that should appear when connecting the camera - which didn't happen.

I reinstalled/uninstalled several times to no avail...Took it to my work and it worked no problem.

The only thing I can think of is that my USB port is not getting enough power. Any suggestions?

All help gratefully received in advance.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2004, 12:17 PM   #2

What OS are you using?? XP, 2000, 98... Mac??

I have an A80 and using XP I never had to installed anything. Either plug the camera into the USB and XP finds it... or put the CF card in the card reader.
LynchMOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 3:46 AM   #3

I'm on Xp pro - I know it should work as a plug n play device. :?

Thing is, it appears that after some further digging - that I may have a problem with my system registry. I have already tried countless potential solutions - even Photoshop cannot find the camera, despite my Device Manager stating that it is installed.

I had a look under computer management/removable storage device and there appears to be a problem there...

I keep getting an error when I click on Removable Storage - it says:

'No such interface supported. This snap-ins display may be inconsistent with the Removable Storage Device. If this problem persists please restart the snap-in.'

Now thats something I don't have a clue about - any technically minded sorts out there help at all?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote