Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:20 AM   #1

Tell me please :x Should I get the OLY C-5060, Kodak 6490, or the Panasonic DMC FZ10?? I just can't decide. I want a reliable camera, good prints, and not too completed for both point and shoot user or one who wants a little bit of manual adjustement.
twili is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:43 AM   #2

Should I get the OLY C-5060, Kodak 6490, or the Panasonic DMC FZ10?

(Or another camera, as the case may be. Actually, I like the Olympus C-755, but then, they'll all take decent pictures).
Try them out at the camera shop, see how they fit your hand. Look at the viewfinder and LCD screen, etc., etc. You probably won't be entirely happy with any camera, but then, life's a compromise.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 12:49 PM   #3

As Norm said, everything involves a compromise.

I have an FZ10 and will never own a large camera again without image stabilization. It allows you to use a long zoom in many more situations without a tripod and available light capabilities at wider angles is amazing. 4Mp is a little skimpy for me as I often print large format prints.

The 27-110 mm lens on the 5060 is so far removed from the other two cameras you mentioned that I think you need to refine your needs a little better. Wide angle is great for scenic shots and interiors, but 110mm for the maximum zoom range is less than you can get in many pocket cameras. I donít necessarily disagree with wide angle capability over zoom in a general purpose camera. Iím just saying 27-110 is a lot different from 35-420 on the FZ10 and you have to think about what you would use most.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote