Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 21, 2004, 9:50 AM   #1
Default Challenges with new Nikon Coolpix 3200

I just purchased a Coolpix 3200 to replace my broken Fuji A303. I have two problems.

1. The colors do not seem to be as true as my Fuji A303. It seems to pick up too much pink. It picks up just a bit too much pink in most situations, but if there is any red in the image it really over does it. I have tried multiple lighting situations and different settings. I went back to the store and they said there have not been any complaints. They said it has the best lens in its class.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Could it be the different memory of SD vs XD?

2. The pics look good when I view them with the Nikon View software, but they are grainy when I view them with any other software. (I do not use high end software like Photoshop) This happens on all images regardless of what image quality setting I use. I never had this problem with my Fuji.

Is there something inherently different about these photos? It makes no sense to me.

greydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2004, 4:56 PM   #2

Fuji cameras are more blue-green biased than other cameras and quiteoften people will "calibrate" their monitors to match the colors produced by their cameras. If you did this then I'm sure the Coolpix pics look considerably different.

The type of memory card used has nothing to do with the color in your pictures- they are all equal.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote