Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:12 PM   #1

i just recently jumped on the camera bandwagon and bought myself a casio qv-r51 for $400 canadian, seemed like a good deal to for 5 megalpixels. im new to the camera business so i was wondering if that was a good camera to get and also if i shouldhave got the 4 year extended warrenty (the damn salesman was so convicing). lastly i also found that the screen on the LCD showed a lot of what i found to be "snowflakes" around dark areas, especally at places like the bar. is this because my LCD has low resolution, i have a lemon or that small cameras do this?? anyhow thanks for all the help:-)
dsitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:34 AM   #2

It isn't unusual for the LCD to get grainy in low light. Snowflakes are a good sign as it usually means the LCD is gaining up in low light – not all cameras do that.

After the year's warranty provided by the manufacturer expires the camera is worth considerably less than you paid for it. Evaluate the extended warranty on the value it covers and not the new value. Consumer Reports recommends extended warranties only for projection TVs and a couple other high risk items. Not for appliances, cameras etc. Usually if they work fine for the first year they are going to be OK. I never buy the extended warranty for cameras.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote