Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:52 AM   #1

I recently bought a S1 IS to use at work and I am looking for a camera for my home use. Since multiple peaple use the S1 IS at my work it is hard to keep borrowing.

I am thinking about the PRO1, but I want a long zoom camera to take sports shots of my 3 sons playing soccer, baseball and basketball. Most shots I would print would be 8 x 10 or smaller, but an occasional big one would be nice.

The 7x optical zoom is lower, but can be increased with a teleconverter, so this is not an issue. (except the teleconverter is $200 and it is nice to have a all in one zoom)

The non stabilized PRO1 is a concern at 7X x 1.5X converter, but maybe the L lens and the faster shutter is the trade off.

The extra $500 or so is not a concern, but i don't want to spend it for features I won't use.

On both Canons the LCD freeze during rapid shots stinks, so I am also considering the Kyocere M410R. Just wish I could hold one first. Best buy, circuit city, etc don't carry them. The LCD freeze is a big drawback especially for a fast sport like soccer.

The other option to LCD Freeze is a camera with optical viewfinder. Do any of the long zoom cameras have optical viewfinders (i don't think so) ?

Thanks for you comments and helping me make a decision

obrien040362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links