Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 20, 2002, 1:38 PM   #1
Default Question About Night Photography

I have an Olympus C720 that I received as a gift. It takes very good picture. My problem is related to night photography. I take picture for my sons high school football team website. The pictures I have been taking do not seem to focus and seem overexposed. I have tried in "AUTO" mode and "Sports" mode with the same results. I welocme any suggestions, Thank You
Wgd2296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2002, 2:53 PM   #2

All autofocus camera will have problem to focus in the dark, you need to use the manual focus mode. If the subject is not in the flash range, you have another problem...As your described, look like you block the flash sensor on the camera and it may result in the overexposure problem.
My recomendation to you is: set the camera as the aperture priority mode with the smallest F stop that the camera allow with flash on, usually F8 or smaller (the larger the number represent smaller F stop, put the camera on tripod, use the timer mode to shoot...then let me know what the results are...good luck cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Default Night Photography

Thank you for the informative response. Would this process be feasible for action type photography, i.e. running etc
Wgd2296 is offline   Reply With Quote