Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 6, 2002, 5:22 PM   #1
Default Fuji S 602 Downloading

I'm having trouble downloading using the U.S.B. driver. It has worked three times, but now not at all. The P.C. Cam will launch , but not the D.S.C. so the cables O.K. I'm using X.P. and everything else is fine. I must be dooing something wrong, can anyone help?
PHILLIPYT555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2002, 6:48 PM   #2
Default 602 software

Personaly i wouldnt bother using the Finepix software but if you must i would try reinstalling the Finepix software. Make sure there isnt an update for XP for the finepix software, go to fuji site and check. I just use a card reader i got from Circuit City for 20 US dollars which has both smartmedia and compact flash 2 slots from Simple tech. Its faster than the usb connection on the camera for some reason even thought its also usb. Then get your self some good photo editing software, Photo Shop if possable or one of the other less expensive software editing programs.

I thought windows XP didnt need a driver anyway, i heard you plug the camera usb cable in and it sees it as another hard drive like my card reader does with win 98 that i use after driver install for win 98. .
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2002, 11:15 PM   #3

that could be the problem, my card reader is a Lexar and for XP you don't load the software.
Just plug it in and slip the card in the slot, much faster than camera thru USB.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 4:13 AM   #4

The Fuji software is hardly worth installing. I'm sure that XP should recognise the cam as a generic remote disc device.

I'd go with Wilson & dc9mm - that's what I do. Your probs. seem to be on the USB side. You could try re-booting the pc, with the cam usb attached.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote