Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:45 PM   #1

What web site can I go to for diffrent photo taking for diffrent camera seetings that can educate me on taking photos. I have a Olympus C-750 UZ.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:19 PM   #2

Try looking at the links on this thread:
It covers mostly lighting, but that's what photography is...capturing light.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:08 PM   #3

The manuals that come with the camera (including the more detailed reference manual that's on the CD that came with the camera) only teach you how to operate the controls, but don't teach you how to take photos, just like the manuals that come with a new car only tell you how to operate its controls and not teach you how to drive.

Just like any camera out there, to learn the basics you can learn about shutter speeds, f-stops, ISO, etc., and it doesn't have to be a book on digital photography, film camera books are just as valid. Here's a good place to start which is a free online "book" that covers the basics of digital photography:

Once you get the basics, hit your public library and check the books (film and digital) they have.

Olympus also has some C-7xx specific lessons (from the drop down menu on the right):

One of the best things to do is practice shooting (especially since it doesn't cost anything).

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun shooting challenges for ALL C-7xx users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote