Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 11, 2002, 4:45 PM   #1
Default Need digicam for landscape designer

I shoot 25-50 pics (per residence) for reference while designing at home. I would like 8x10s or larger to place under trace paper, which I can then draw Ideas directly onto. Clients like to see what I have in mind and this works great for elevation views. I need 8x10 high quality prints for portfolio. I shoot wide landscape as well as close up plant and flower ID features. $300-$600 is what i expect to pay. I have know Idea whats out there, nor do I have the time to do all the research myself. What camera, printer, storage, computer hook ups, and batteries? IBM or MAC? What are you guys using? I have IBM and my current camera is a Nikon N5005AF. Some direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim
landesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2002, 10:47 PM   #2

You missed one key issue with digital photography: the photo editor. I suggest getting a roll or two of film put onto a CD - it is pretty cheap when done at the time of processing. Spend some time learning one of the simpler photo editors - I think PaintShop Pro is a good bet, other folks have other choices. Look at the ones that sell for about $100 full retail when they go on sale.

After you have figured out how to use the editor, you will know a lot more about what you want in a camera. And they will be cheaper a few/many months from now.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote