Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:48 PM   #1

*Updated After Post*

Whoops didn't realize there was a post about external flashes... please move when you can =). Sorry bout that.

*End Update*

Ok, so I've been reading a lot of posts on how photography is all about lighting and stuff and I've seen some comparison pictures with cameras that have a great flash and cameras that take it with their normal built in flash and wow the difference is absolutely amazing.

I just bought this Canon S1 IS and I love it! Its very affordable and gives me great quality pictures but... I'm always wanting more and wanting to learn more. I was wondering if there was a way to attach another flash to this camera that would give me a much better picture with more vibrant colors?

I saw some brackets that attach to the bottom of your camera and then you attach another flash unit on top of it. Now I have no idea if this will work with my camera or what works with my camera but if there is anyway to get better lighting indoors or outdoors at night it would be perfect. Is there anyone that can lend me some information on that?
mnarciso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links