Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:40 PM   #1

:?I just purchased a Fujifilm finepix E550 and for a week have been trying to get photos onto my computer. When I connect my camera to the computer nothing happens. I've installed and uninstalled the software multiple times and am pretty sure I have it right. I've tried every USB connection on my computer. I've tried using other software Adobe, MS picture IT, AND the digital camera software that comes with Windows XP as well as the Fuji software. I've put in new batteries. On some of these attempts I've gotten message that my camera cannot be located or that the camera is "busy". I have mysteriouslyfound some, but not all, of my pictures in my my pictures folder but don't know what I did differently then or on which try it happened as I' ve made so many. I have even turned my virus protection off in case that was interfering. Please help-it will be so appreciated!

isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:29 PM   #2

When your camera is plugged into a USB port, it should show up as a removable drive. You should be able to see it by clicking on "My Computer" (all of your drives will show up there).

Then, right click on the drive associated with your camera and select "Properties".Then, select the "Auto Play" tab. Select "Pictures" from the drop down list at the top, then you can tell Windows what action you want it to take (use the Windows Camera Wizard, open a Folder showing you the files, etc) when it sees the camera plugged in.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote