Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 11, 2002, 11:26 AM   #1
Default Need help picking between the two cameras

I have the chance to purchase a factory refurbed Nikon coolpix 775 for 180 with a 60 day warranty. Or I can purchase a brand new fuju finepix 2650 with AC adapter, camera bag, 5 year warranty (probably from mack) extra batteries and charger and all the other standard items that come with the 2650 for around 240. I have used digital cameras in the past but they were the early sony mavicas so they did not have the features these have. I want it for my all around camera for family get togethers and trips I take and things like that. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

klcoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:48 PM   #2

Buying a refurbed product with such a short warranty is risky, of course. The other deal, with all the accessories, sounds like one of those ebay deals, which tend to include accessories of low quality and which really aren't such great deals. It's usually best just to buy a new camera with manufacturer's warranty from a place like buydig.com (don't buy their overpriced accessories--get those elsewhere). Don't know what the best camera is in your price range. Canon seems to have especially popular models in that range. Here's a handy list of reviews:

Sanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2002, 4:29 PM   #3

You can purchase the Fuji 2650 for $180 at Computers for Sure. this is the link http://www.computers4sure.com/produc...d=873&adid=873. Check www.pricescan.com and you can get the camer for as low as $160. You deal on the 2650 sounds like overpriced add ons from the vendor.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote