Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 15, 2002, 2:12 PM   #1
Default Looking for a camera that produces very saturated photos!

Fujifilm? Kodak?
I think Kodak tends to sacrifice image qualtiy for color saturation but i might be wrong..
any suggestions would be appreciated.
dorae006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2002, 5:37 PM   #2

Not sure, but you can increase the saturation afterwards in something like photoshop you know.
JTravern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2002, 6:12 PM   #3

I dont think you should choose a digicam for its ability to produce saturation. Why not choose a great pic quality instead.

Saturation can be produced in almost any editor nowadays. You will be able to control the amount totally -you wont in a digicam.

The only reason I see why you want that, is if you dont have acces to a PC - and therefore have to go to the photostore to get you prints made. If thats the reason you should buy a conventional camera.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 4:23 PM   #4

The Kodaks from model 3900 and higher seem to get good ratings for color and quality. Just avoid those which skimp on the optical zoom...go for a 3X, not a 2X. The only problem I found with sample pictures on the major reviewing sites is that sometimes the enhanced color looks unreal. I found the Fujis are more like what I've seen. The Canons aren't bad either: the A40, A50 and S- series are good choices also.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2002, 10:45 AM   #5

look for a camera that allows you to get the least in-camera processing from the image taken by the ccd ( like sharpening, saturation etc.) and post process afterwards. Klaus is right in needing this for PC-less use only. Since most cameras within a certain renge use the same ccd ( and usually from sony), the main difference between them all is their respective handling on features, in-camera processing and optics. Some give you more choices than others.
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2002, 8:27 AM   #6
Default CompuPic, new cameras have adjustments for saturation

I can understand why you want more saturated pictures. It's probably the only thing I wish was available on my camera. I use CompuPic to quickly adjust the pics, so you might try that instead of purchasing a camera that has higher saturation. I noticed that some of the newer Olympus cameras have a setting for saturation, as do Kodak and Nikon. Check Steve's reviews for the cameras that do have this setting.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote