Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 27, 2002, 7:01 AM   #1
Default Lots of noise with telephoto lens

Well i'm a noob, i recently purchased a nikon coolpix 885 and 3x telephoto lens, i realize pictures that i take that are dark colours (black seems fine) have a lot of noise, eg. dark grey/ dark brown,

i'm not even sure if the 2 are related or if my camera originally produces a lot of noise (is this written in the proper context/wording?) and the telephoto (seems like a higher quality magnifying glass) shows the noise clearer?

oh another thing, there is noise reduction on this camera, but one problem i can't access it when i'm in auto mode, and i tried using manual mode and my pictures turn out better with auto (well for now until i figure out things)

i guess the big problem will be in 2 days time on thursday it's my gf's grad and i would like to take some nice pix, well my pix from her 1st grad didn't turn out.. err umm.. too nicely, although i was using a different d/c

any tips or suggestions would be kindly apperciated (although i'm reading and asking people and searching the net for tips on taking pix) (i guess the main pix i want to take is when she receives her diploma in her hands.. etc etc...

Raymond (yes i am a noob, but .i'm here to learn =) )
goiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2002, 8:20 AM   #2

I have recently purchased a 2x tele lens. I have been playing with it and have determine the procedures seem to work better:

1. Use a tripod
2. Use the remote to take the picture.
3. Use the manual settings. Auto works fine if the light source is good. If it is a graduation, I doubt the lighting will be that good. You can always use your editing software to help with underexposed shots.

I hope this helps
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote