Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 1, 2002, 11:12 AM   #1
Default Which Camera, Olympus C-4000 or Fuji S602 or ??????

I am shopping for a Digital camera. Thus far I have narrowed my search to the Olympus Camedia C-4000 or the Fuji S602 and can't make up my mind. I will be useing it mainly for family photos that I want to print (easy to do 4X6 prints are a must for my wife to use it). Flexability for indoor and outdoor use is important and being able to catch my 3 yr old grandson in the act of whatever. I have a Digital Camcorder so I'm not conserened about the movie abilities. In a nutshell I want to get useable still shots. I already have an Epson 820 printer so compatability with it is also a plus.

Please give me your insights and experences. Other camera recomendations in the 400 to 500 buck range are welcomed too.

Thank You
mwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2002, 8:18 PM   #2

Two excellent cameras. The C-4000 will have somewhat better image quality, is smaller, has an easier to use optical viewfinder, has the edge in very low light, and is cheaper. The Fuji has twice as much zoom, is a little quicker, has a cool "last 5" burst mode for action shots, will accept more memory, and will shoot usable 1.2 MP images at ISO 800 and 1600 for low light shooting at high enough shutter speeds to stop action without flash.

Let's see, what else? The C-4000 has a better built-in flash, but the Fuji will accept external flashes more conveniently and cheaply.

The biggest plus for the Fuji is probably that difference in zoom. If you'll be shooting much outdoors, you'll probably be very glad to have the extra. Otherwise, the C-4000 is probably the better camera in terms of overall image quality. Happy hunting.
Sanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 8:24 PM   #3

I agree with Sanpete, you must decide if the larger zoom of the Fuji is critical. If not, I would go for the Olympus C4000. The optics quality is somewhat better.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote