Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 5, 2002, 7:29 AM   #1
Default Purchase of my First Digital Camera (Fuji Finepix S602)

Over the years I have been a SLR film camera user. However I recently I had the opportunity to use a digital camera i.e. a Fuji 6900. I have to say I was amazed at the clarity of shots and the fact that my efforts could be viewed instantly.
Having now spent a number of evenings in the office pouring over reviews and comments from club members my decision is that life is not worth living unless I purchase a Fuji Finepix S602.
I intend to make my purchase in January 03 however, there is this little man in the back of my head saying 'there'll probably upgrade it in February/March'. Can anyone out there give me an answer to this question or if not perhaps some comfort words with respect to my intended purchase.

Piperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2002, 7:40 AM   #2

That little man haunts us all. I would generally say that most vendors introduce new cameras in the late summer or early fall to prepare for the Christmas selling season.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 12:02 PM   #3

Fuji just came out with an upgrade, the S602 Pro, so maybe they won't have another for a little while. Usually major upgrades are preceded by announcements and rumors, so by the time you're ready to buy, you'll probably know if a newer version will be available a month or two later. Keep in mind too that it's not always a good idea to buy a new camera as soon as it comes out, so even if a new one is due in Feb/Mar, you might not want to buy it until April or May, so you can see how it's reviewed, etc. In the mean time, you miss shooting.

The 602 is a very fine choice, by the way.
Sanpete is offline   Reply With Quote