Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 7, 2002, 12:48 PM   #1
Default How do u print digicam pics?

I've been going thru all the sample shots for cameras that I'm interested in and was wondering what's the best way to print these pics on my printer that would allow me to evaluate the potential prints I will be getting with a digital camera I choose?

I use photoshop to do my sizing and printing. Basically when I scan something, I usually scan it with the highest resolution possible (both negatives and prints) then size and drop resolution down to what my printer can handle (an Epson 777). I usually do most of my prints @ 240dpi (ie the final image is at 240 ppi). But with digicam and kodak cd, the files are dimensionally large (22"x16" etc) but low in resolution (72dpi). How do I size these (in photoshop using the Image Size menu option) such that a picture will fit a max 8x10 area and have a min of 240dpi? I could simply size the picture down to these dimensions, but 72 dpi is way too low to get good prints from? How does this work?

ardigitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2002, 9:13 AM   #2

It's not enough to make an resize itself. You have to uncheck the box "resample image" - then you can work with the resolution of th e pic.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote