Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 7, 2002, 7:04 PM   #1
Default Need hlep for panorama head

I am newbie in photography. I was tempted by panorama pics from maxlyons http://www.tawbaware.com. I need your help to choose panorama head. I have $400 budget to spend for panorama head.
I want to do multi row cylindrical panorama pics. I have check through search engine and I found only one product, that is Kaidan Quickpan III system. But I do not like their sturcture. It does not look like rigid. I prefer manfrotto pano head sturcture but it cannot do multiple row stitching. I prefer manfrotto way of adjusting rail for parallex error. Kaidan looks like too flimsy even though it is too expensive and I think it is not worth it to pay ove $700.
Is there any other product similar to Kaidan's Quickpan III system. Thanks in advance for your help.

wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2002, 9:00 PM   #2

Before spending that kind of money, I'd suggest doing some shooting with a standard tripod and learning how to use the stitching software. Max Lyons has a free front-end for Panorama Tools (also free). There are also easier to use programs for all kinds of prices.

Nodal point rotation is a real issue, but one that I think is overstated. Max Lyons' site has some great examples of multirow panoramas, and his use of the Nikon's pivoting body for multi-row stitching is an example of not working exactly at the nodal point.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote