Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:27 PM   #11

wile_e wrote:
Actually I verified thatit is actually dust particles floating in front of the lens. The dust is being lit up by the flash.

I layed a pillow on the floor, and hit it a few times. I then made my camera level to the pillow, and took pictures with flash. All flash pictures had these spots in them. I thenused my old 35mm Canon Owl P&S camera and took flash pictures. None of the developed pictures had any dust spots.

Why don't 35mm P&S have these dust spot problems? I will have to go try some more digital cameras and see if they have the same problem as this Kodak. May I request that Steve do some testing of this himself and put results in each camerareview?

Yah, I'll add it to the list along with about a thousand other things that people think that I need to do so that I can properly evaluate the camera for every possible lighting and environmental use. And after I do all of this extensive testing you can look forward to about one review per month which is aboutall I will have time for :roll:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote