Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:51 PM   #1
Default Trouble installing Epson PhotoPC 800 into XP?

Has anyone succeeded in making this work?

Epson says they didn't make XP drivers, but that the included 98 drivers would work.

Well, they may work, but the Windows new hardware wizard refuses to install the driver.

It says the class installation denied the request.

We did manage to install Epson Photo 3 and Image Expert, but neither one can see the camera.

Windows can see the camera at bootup, understands that it's an Epson 800, runs the hardware wizard, but then refuses to install the driver.

Does this have something to do with Windows file protection?

Thank you.
leonGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2002, 1:23 PM   #2

which driver did you use??? The one off the CD or the one on the website. The one on the CD is older version of the driver. IF you want the latest which says it does work for XP download below. This should be a self extracting file that you should be able to load.

Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 4:07 PM   #3

I agree with gregersonsalvage. I had similar problems with the driver for the EpsonStylus Photo 830 printer. The supplied software doesn't have an XP driver, and despite the manufacturer's suggestion to use the 2000/Me driver, you need to go to the Epson website to download the XP driver. This solved my problems - hopefully it will do the same for you.
Donald Morcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:02 AM   #4

Even easier to solve problem by just buying a card reader. New card readers with USB support on all OS's are now quite cheap. Take card out of camera and put in card reader - problem solved.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote