Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:11 PM   #1
Default Need advice on a Camera to buy!

I am looking to purchase a camera to shoot sports and many other action events. I am looking in the low range of the digital slr's. Price range 800 - 1,300. What is the best choice with the least noise to print 8 x 10's. I have been looking at the minolta dimage 7hi. I have no clue. Please help, I am looking to sell the pics but need a quality product. thanks
R waggener is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2002, 12:59 AM   #2

What you are looking for is something with an adjustable speed as well as good lenses and a good zoom. The minolta is a good camera for the consumer but if you really want to sell your prints you might want to set your sights a little bit different. I'd check out the canon g3/G2 which I have seen personally and has some good stuff for it not to mention does some good pictures Its features are more oriented to the point and shoot but still has the advanced features in it and a good optical zoom with a good resolution see review here,

an olympus e-10 Which for the money and the abilities you really can't go wrong with it especially since you can even swap the lenses on it the way you would a normal camera thus allowing you to choose your own lenses and zooms. This is a very helpful feature since you would probably want to change your lenses based on what kind of pictures you want to do. It is a tad bit less as far as resolution than the canon but its enough to run out 8x10s very nicely. Check out pictures and review here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...us/oly_e10.asp.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2002, 12:43 AM   #3

If you want an action camera. I think you are in the pro digital market then. Look at the canon D60 or nikon D100 or S2. They have interchangeable lenses. YOu will need that in some cases taking pics of sporting events. But remember they are much more costly. Do you have an slr camera now what brand. If you have lots of lenses then it is best to stay with that brand to be able to use them.
rikster is offline   Reply With Quote