Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 14, 2002, 2:10 PM   #1
Default HiTi PhotoShuttle vs. HiTi 630 PS

I recently purchased an Olympus C-4000 Zoom digital camera and would like to know if I can use the above printers to print out photos from this camera. Also, what is the difference between the two printers? I understand that the 630 PS has the capability of printing directly from the smart media chip and the photoshuttle has a faster print time, but are there any other differences? Is one better than the other with regard to the software, print quality, etc.? Would you recommend one over the other? Thank you!!! I have found your website to be very informative and helpful-much better than cnet!!!!
allyb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2002, 4:41 PM   #2

I own the 630PS printer and also an Oly C4040Z camera. The pictures from the camera are fantastic and this printer does a beautiful job with prints. I very seldom use the option of printing from the memory card so any of HiTi's other printers would have been just as good for me. The resolution is great and I do not think there is any difference in print quality. I just got done printing 20- 4X6 prints of my daughters family (including the dogs) that they are going to include in there Christmas cards. These prints look just like you would get from a photo print shop. The good thing about going digital is that you only print the pictures from your digicam that you want in paper copy, all the rest can stay on your hard drive forever. HiTi makes a very fine product with excellent support
herbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2002, 7:28 AM   #3

herbmoore and I have the same setup, the C4040 and 630PS. If I were to do it again, I would purchase the 630PL. I would have spent the extra money on the photo packs.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote