Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:18 PM   #1

I need to shoot a group of 60 high school kids next week. I have a 24-135 lens with 10D body. Any tips or tricks to do this? Will shhot outside with sunlight.

lisa_suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2005, 12:00 AM   #2

Lisa, If you can get a ladder, preferably a 12 foot one and get back from the group. This will give you a good angle to get the crowd shot. You will also need a couple of people to listen to you and help direct the group. If you can't get a ladder, you might possibly be able to shoot from the roof of the school or a window if the school is less than 3 stories. When you are ready to shoot the final you will need to be in control of the group, so I would say bring a whistle and and blow loud and hard. Have your helpers "quiet" the group so they can listen to you and your helpers. From there you can direct the group into position. As for preliminary exposures and what not, let the group be the group. But when it comes down to the final shoot, just be in control. Good Luck! Bob P.S. Simple, But Keep the sun to your back!
Fotobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 9:14 PM   #3

When you think you are ready, let em have a snappy, funny one liner and then zap em.
Tumak is offline   Reply With Quote