Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 30, 2005, 11:31 PM   #1

Hi all,
I'm looking for a point-and-shoot camera. My main goal is to capture objects in motion, like people, animals, trains, cars, etc. at a highresolution. Which point-and-shoot camera has the highest rate of continuous shooting? preferably limitedonly to memory size. Does such a digital camera exist? Please help, any comments or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Tia
mar1b0r0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 8:31 AM   #2

Have a look at Steve's reviews on the Kyocera M410r, and Kyocera S5R/S3R.

Both cameras will shoot3.3 fpsat max resolution until memory card is full.

A high speed card (Sandisk Ultra II or equivalent) must be used to take advantage

of this feature. These cams may be a little hard to find depending on your location.

Good luck,

Regards Andrew.
AJ50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:22 PM   #3

Hi Andrew,
Thanks, I apologize for the late reply. I took a look at the the Kyoceras they're definately worth considering. Just curious, howis thequality with Kyocera camera's?
mar1b0r0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:26 PM   #4

I had a Kyocera S3 as my first digital camera for around 3 years before it was replaced and I never had an issue with it in that time even after it took numerous falls/drops and spills sometimes to a tile floor. If memory serves me correctly it uses a metal body compared to the plastics used in alot of the ultra compacts out at the time and im sure thats what saved it. My largest compaint was the fact it used a very weak 800mAh LiIon battery that gave me about 70-80 pictures without the use of the flash before it died!:roll:
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote